Gifts That Pay You Income

Gifts That Pay You Income

What if you could support Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford while also making your own retirement more financially secure? You can, with a special gift that can pay you income for life, reduce your tax burden and help kids in your community. While it might sound complicated, it’s really quite simple.

Gift Annuities

Transfer cash or appreciated property to BGCHs and receive fixed income payments for life, receive an immediate charitable deduction and avoid capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated property. A gift annuity is available through Boys & Girls Clubs of America and requires a minimum gift of $10,000. You must be at least 60 years old.

Charitable Remainder Trusts

Transfer appreciated property to an irrevocable trust and receive an immediate charitable tax deduction, avoid current capital gains taxes on long-term appreciated property and regular payments throughout your life. Upon death remaining assets in the trust transfer to charity.

Charitable Lead Trusts

Transfer appreciated property to your family for the future through an irrevocable charitable trust. You designate the trust to exist for a specific number of years or until death. The charity receives an annual contribution and at the end of the term or death, the assets will pass on to family or friends as beneficiaries. Careful planning makes it possible to reduce – or eliminate- taxes normally due to the transfer of wealth to loved ones.

For more details on the specific giving vehicles, we are pleased to offer additional resources (such as videos and gift calculators) through Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

Contact Us

Contact us for questions or support in establishing your planned giving at


The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change.