The COVID-19 pandemic is a quickly evolving situation, one that we are actively monitoring and preparing for. Part of that preparation is ensuring we have clear communication channels with each of you. In addition to the email updates you’ve been receiving, we will also keep our website updated with pertinent information and expectations . Another avenue we’ll utilize is our REMIND system, please ensure you’re enrolled.
You can also stay informed by watching the news and monitoring websites like:
Connecticut Department of Public Health
Connecticut State Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Current BGCH safety precautions and protocols
These are our current expectations and precautions to help prevent sickness:
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water aren’t available use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Club members should wash their hands when they arrive and before dinner break at a minimum
- Send sick employees home
- Sick members should be sent home too
- An isolation room is being identified at each Club space, to quarantine sick individuals until they can be sent home/picked up
- Avoid physical and close contact (don’t shake hands, hug, fist bump etc .)
- Clean high-touch areas (doorknobs, light switches, counters, tables, chairs etc.) everyday o Clubs are being deep cleaned weekly
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing (or sneeze or cough into your elbow if a tissue is unavailable)
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth especially)
- If you have recently traveled to a country or state that has a widespread outbreak of COVID-19 or has established a state of medical emergency you should self-quarantine for 14 days (i.e. don’t go to work, school, run errands )
- If you’ve come into contact with somebody who is diagnosed with COVID-19 you should also self-quarantine
- If you have the capability to work from home you should begin bringing your laptop home with you each day, just in case we need to close the office or you need to be quarantined
- Saturday events and fieldtrips should be canceled for the rest of the school year
- Beginning March 16, 2020 we will limit the number of youth at each of our This precaution is in line with the Governor’s recommendation that residents avoid gatherings and events of 100 people or more
If you ARE sick:
- Stay home!
- Ensure you are calling your manager no later than 9am to alert them of your absence (each day you are out)
- Call your doctor
- Follow instructions given by your healthcare provider and our local public health department
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing (or sneeze or cough into your elbow)
- Wear a facemask if you’re the one who is sick, to help prevent the spread of the disease to others
- If you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 we will require a doctor’s note indicating when you may return to work
If we need to make adjustments to schedules or Club hours we will communicate that in a variety of ways including email, REMIND and this webpage. If you have questions please reach out to your direct manager, HR or the Operations team.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error